The deadline for sign-ups has passed, and we are no longer accepting submissions. Thank you for your interest, and we hope to see you at the show!
All acts accepted for the production will display the same material, be it musical, drama or dance as well as the same personnel who appeared in the original show.
- One or more of the original members are deceased,
- One or more of the original members is handicapped,
- One or more of the original members cannot appear because of a travel situation.
End Result: Because of any of the above exceptions, the majority of the members seen in an act in ENCORE will be original.
We are at this time accepting all ideas for potential acts in ENCORE (1950s through 1990s) both as suggestions for acts or an act itself. If you are sending information about an act to be considered for the show, you must:
- Contact all of the original members,
- Share the dates of the performances with them,
- Get their acceptance that they want to be considered for the show
We are also looking for past Master and Mistress of Ceremonies. If you were an emcee and would like to be considered for the show, please choose "Emcee" as the "Type of Act" on the sign up form below.
The term Choraliers refers to all singers who participated in any variety show as part of an organized singing group. One song has been chosen for the group which will represent all former Choraliers, Choral Ensemble singers, etc. It will be Aquarius and Let the Sun Shine In from Hair. Music will be sent to the singers and a minimum of rehearsals will be scheduled during the week of the show.
Band/Jazz Ensemble/Stage Band
Any instrumentalist who performed as part of the above-named groups is eligible to perform with the ENCORE official band.
Many have indicated that they either weren’t in a SJHS Variety Show or were in the show but are not comfortable performing or for whatever reason, unable to be an act in the show. In that case, we welcome you to consider being a volunteer for the show. There are several areas where volunteers are needed:
- Tickets – working the evenings of the show dispensing pre-ordered tickets (no selling),
- Backstage – working with curtain pulling, moving pianos or props (setting the stage),
- Ushering – seating people using a reserved seat system
- Programs – passing out programs at the door before patron is seated
- General – undetermined assistance, as needed